This joinery business employs a large range of woodworking machines and as a result of the company undertaking an OH&S risk assessment, they identified a number of risks:
- As the highest priority, they identified the need for the fastest possible response time in the event of any accident or injury that might occur within the factory.
- As a high priority they identified that due to the use of electrically powered machinery and their extensive use of timber, the work place potentially has a heightened fire risk and needed an evacuation alert system.
The AARC-EVAC standalone system was selected to address these needs for the following reasons:
- The system’s ability to easily and cost effectively provide Remotes that could be distributed throughout the factory.
- The system’s ability to broadcast unique S.O.S. messages for different zoned locations within the factory.
- The UPS battery back-up self-contained siren and message player Evac Controllers providing operation even with power out. (Machine overload, electrical motor stalling/jamming creates a fire risk and potentially the tripping of a circuit breaker, resulting in loss of mains power).