AARC-EVAC Controllers for PA Input
The AARC-EVAC™ Wireless Linked Emergency Alert Controller for PA Systems outputs standard Evacuation & Alert sirens, (“Lock Down” – optional), an Evacuation Drill message plus up to 6 or 7 unique “S.O.S.” assistance zoned messages, when triggered by a remote wireless linked Remote. These master units also have an integrated set of push button switches that can also be used to trigger the alarms, (optional lockdown), plus an evacuation drill message button. The units also have a Cancel button which is used to cancel all siren and audio messages plus any visual alert beacons deployed in the system.
Note: when operating a P.A. based system a single evacuation message is applied across the whole system.
Two versions of Evac Controller for PA Input are available, one compatible with 4 channel Remotes and one compatible with 5 channel Remotes. Both versions have “Alert”, “Evac”, “Evac Drill” and “Cancel” buttons. The 4 channel compatible receiver unit also has a “S.O.S.” button and can receive up to 7 unique “S.O.S.” assistance zone messages. The 5 channel receiver unit has a “Lock Down” button and can receive up to 6 unique “S.O.S” assistance zone messages.
The Evac Controller for PA Systems connects to the PA system from two audio outputs (RCA Stereo Line Out 500mV) on the rear of the unit.
The AARC-EVAC™ Controller for PA Systems requires a PA system with a priority muting system. This will mute other audio playing over the PA system in the event of an emergency, so emergency alert messages and sirens can be heard. PA Systems need to be evaluated prior to installation to ensure compatibility with the AARC-EVAC Controllers for PA Input.
It is recommended that an adequate UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) system is always employed to run this Evac Controller and the P.A. system. Without a battery backup system in place, your business, school or venue risks failure of your PA system should the mains power fail, or the PA cabling is damaged.
Calculating Battery Size for PA System use:
|Battery Size||=||Total amplifier power in watts||x||100|
|Volts||Percentage efficiency of audio amplifier|
eg. 12V, 400W Amplifier with a 50% audio amplifier power efficiency
- Unit is triggered by wireless signals received from a 4 or 5 Channel handheld or wall mounted AARC-EVAC remotes.
- The Unit can also be triggered by a wireless signal received from an AARC-EVAC Repeater Controller.
- A wireless “Cancel” activation or pressing the front panel “Cancel” button will stop any active alert and reset the system.
- When a “Lockdown” is triggered, in addition to the Lockdown message being played, a switched output Aux Out 2 is provided on the rear panel which can be factory configured to activate a Lockdown device (e.g. Door Locking Solenoid). This is a latching output and will remain active until a system “Cancel” signal is received.
- It is recommended that a suitable UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) be used in conjunction with this unit and the PA Amplifier.
- Designed and Manufactured in Australia
|Power Supply||240VAC to 12VDC Adaptor|
|Dimensions||1U Rack Mount Case: 481mm (inc. mounting Brackets) x 215mm x 43mm
Standalone Case (Optional): 431mm x 215mm x 43mm
|Antenna||TXANT433N AARC EVAC Antenna 4.5dBi with Mounting Bracket, 3.6mtr Coax Cable fitted with SMA male connector|
|Switched Outputs||Aux Out 1; Evac Out; Aux Out 2 (factory configurable)|
|Audio Outputs||2 X RCA Stereo Line Out 500mV|
|Switched Input||Aux Input (factory configurable – provide static or active switching of any channel)|